Skip to main content

Getting Started at USU


How do I set up my payroll?


dollar signsTalk to your department staff about setting up your payroll information.  You will need to bring documentation (List of Acceptable Documents) establishing your work eligibility.

You will also want to set  up your employee reimbursements so that they can be direct deposited to your account.  HR has instructions and a copy of the form you will need to do this.

How do I sign up for benefits for the first time?


FMLA, Vacation, Medical, Dental, Retirement, Sick LeaveAs a new employee in a fully benefited position at Utah State University, you are eligible for many great benefits. All benefits and coverage are effective on your date of hire.

You need to sign up for your benefits within 30 days of your hire date. Employee benifits signup.
What is an A# or Banner ID?


The AAn A# is a unique identifier used to identify students, faculty, and staff within the Banner system.  It is a 9-digit number beginning with the letter “A.”  This number is assigned to you by your department staff.

Visit to create a password to be used in conjunction with your A#.

Visit: to change your password or manage your contact information and preferred email address.

How do I get my USU email?


email iconYour USU email will be set up by your office staff as soon as your payroll information has been completed by HR. The default for your email is:  It is preferred that you use your firstname.lastname as your email.  It is expected that your USU email is used for all University business.
USU Access


the USU personal information website

Now that you have your A#, go to USU Access and update your preferred email and the addresses and phone numbers for you. It is expected that your USU email is used for all University business.
What kind of help is there for my classes?

a classroomGet in touch with The Center for Innovative Design and Instruction (CIDI). There is an instructional design representative for your department who can help you with practical tools (like Canvas), finding relevant data about your courses, provide effective support, act as a consultant, and also provide hands on training. You are not alone! These nice folks can set up a Canvas course for you to get the jump on your course prep well before the semester starts.
How do I get my ID card?


a USU ID cardUSU Card Office
Hours: 8 AM to 5 PM Monday-Friday
Taggart Student Center (TSC) 2nd Floor 221

Map it

Contact HR at (435) 797-0216 to see if your employment record has been completed in the BANNER system.  Once your record is in the system, you can stop by the card office and get your card.  There is a $15 fee for this card.

How do I get my parking pass?


USU parking passesOnline:
In person: 840 E 1250 N Logan, UT
By Phone: (435) 797-7275

Map it

Map of parking areas


How do I get keys for my office & labs?


keysYour department staff can help you get keys ordered.  A deposit is required for non-benefitted employees and students.

Map it

How do I get a phone set up in my office?


a desk phoneContact your department staff for phone options.

Where do I find a good place to dine or get coffee?


USU Dining ServicesThere are many options available for dining on the USU campus. Dining services available.


an at sign with the word Listserve in front of itIt is expected that you sign up for the Emma Eccles Jones College of Education and Human Services listserv by emailing 

List of other listservs available.

What about business cards?


a USU business cardCheck with your department staff for available options.  If approved, business cards should be ordered electronically from Publication Design and Production (PDP) on campus.