To receive a scholarship you must be a student with a major housed in the Emma Eccles Jones College of Education and Human Services, pursuing course work each semester in your major field, and taking between 12-18 credits for an undergraduate and 9 credits for graduate each semester. Limited scholarships are available for part time students.
- Scholarship applications for the 2023-24 academic year will be open in December 2022 and close early February 2023.
- Applications for Nursing scholarships will be open January 1, 2023 – April 12, 2023.
- The application is at the USU General Scholarship Application.
- A helpful video about the application and common questions and answers are found on the USU scholarship page with the application.
- Students are strongly encouraged to apply for financial aid by completing a 2023-24 FAFSA application, which will open October 1, 2022, prior to the close of scholarship applications. Many scholarships require the applicant to show financial need. Financial need must be shown through a FAFSA application which must be on record at the university. The process can often take a week or two, so please apply early. Apply online for the FAFSA.
- Emma Eccles Jones College of Education and Human Services Scholarships
- Communicative Disorders and Deaf Education
- Human Development and Family Studies
- Kinesiology and Health Science
- School of Teacher Education & Leadership—Elementary Education
- School of Teacher Education & Leadership—Secondary Education
- Special Education and Rehabilitation Scholarships
TH Bell Scholarship
Applicants must be enrolled in a degree program that will allow them to become a licensed professional in a Utah public school. This may include teachers, special education teachers, speech or language pathologists, school psychologists, or other licensed professionals who provide services to students with disabilities.
Applicants for TH Bell scholarships at USU must be in good standing academically and maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher. Recipients must be admitted into their degree program or Secondary Teacher Education Program (STEP); pre-majors are ineligible. Award recipients must maintain satisfactory academic progress in their degree program to remain eligible for the scholarship.
Awarding prioritization of the scholarship is given first to first-generation students who intend to become a licensed teacher or work as a licensed professional in a Utah public school, second to those non-first-generation applicants who intend to work as a licensed teacher or other licensed professional in high-need fields in a Utah public school, and third to all other applicants who intend to work as a licensed professional in a Utah public school. All applicants must meet required academic standards, be enrolled in at least six credits, and declare intent to complete an approved licensure program and work in a Utah public school.
How to Apply for the TH Bell Scholarship
Application for 2023-24 academic year can be found at https://www.usu.edu/scholarships/application through the USU General Scholarship Application. Applications will be open December 15, 2022 – February 1, 2023.
Applications for the 2022-2023 academic are closed.
Scholarships at the college level are available to students who have declared majors and been accepted into a program—but there are still options for you at the university level. Visit Utah State University’s scholarship page for more information.
For information regarding financial aid, visit USU's financial aid page.