MEd in Instructional Leadership
In addition to the application for license only applicants for the master's degree must complete the application with the School of Graduate Studies at Utah State University
- Application fee: The School of Graduate Studies requires an additional application fee.
- Letters of recommendation: We suggest you have those who wrote letters for the program application upload that same letter when they receive the request from the School of Graduate Studies.
Application Deadlines and Phone Interview Schedule:
|Last week of Nov
First week of Dec
|Last week of Mar
First week of Apr
|Last week of Jun
First week of Aug
Your application will require you to submit:
- Three recommendations. One recommendation should be from your immediate supervisor (typically your current principal). Once recommendation should be from someone from the district office or higher leadership position who knows your leadership abilities/potential. The third recommendation should be a person of your choice who knows your leadership experience.
- Official Graduate Transcripts which list your awarded bachelor’s degree. (Not needed if degree is from USU.)
- Copy of current teaching license (if anticipating a Utah license you must have a Utah Professional License).
- Evidence of clearing a USBE fingerprint background check. You can access your license and background check on the state CACTUS page. Take a screen shot and upload to application.
- Evidence of being deemed effective or higher by your districts system.
- Statement of Purpose: Describe why you want to earn a graduate degree, and the experiences and qualifications that make you a strong candidate for advanced study (500 word limit).
You also need to pay a separate, $50 non-refundable program fee through the link below. After completing the admissions application and paying both fees, you will be invited to participate in a 15–20-minute Zoom interview with the admissions committee.