MEd in Instructional Leadership
In addition to the application for license only applicants for the master's degree must complete the following:
- Application completed with the School of Graduate Studies at Utah State University
- Application fee: The School of Graduate Studies requires an additional application fee.
- Letters of recommendation: We suggest you have those who wrote letters for the program application upload that same letter when they receive the request from the School of Graduate Studies.
Application Deadlines and Phone Interview Schedule:
|Term||Application Deadline||Phone Interview||Online Orientation||Semester Begins|
|Summer 2022||4 March 2022||21-25 March 2022||
7 April 2022 4:30-5:30pm
|9 May 2022|
|Fall 2022||15 July 2022||26-29 July 2022||15-19 Aug 2022||29 Aug 2022|
- Application required - https://applynow.usu.edu.
- Three recommendations. One recommendation should be from your immediate supervisor (typically your current principal). Once recommendation should be from the Superintendent or someone from the district office who knows your leadership abilities/potential. The third recommendation should be a person of your choice who knows your leadership experience. Recommendations can be submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- $50 non-refundable program fee mailed to the following: ASC Program 2805 Old Main Hill Logan UT 84322.
- Official Graduate Transcripts which list your awarded Bachelor's degree. (Not needed if degree is from USU.)
- Copy of current teaching license (if anticipating a Utah license you must have a Utah Professional License).
- Evidence of clearing a USOE fingerprint background check. You can access your license and background check on the state CACTUS page. Take a screen shot and upload to application.
- Evidence of being deemed effective or higher by your districts system. Upload form here:
- Statement of Purpose: Describe why you want to earn a graduate degree, and the experiences and qualifications that make you a strong candidate for advanced study (500 word limit).
- After completing the admissions checklist, you will be invited to participate in a telephone interview with the admissions committee during the Phone Interview Schedule set for each semester. The interview should take approximately 15 minutes.