Admission to Online 1st Bachelor's Program
Grade and Credit Conditions
- Admission to the COMD major typically occurs at the beginning of the junior year (approximately 60 credits).
- Students admitted to the university with less than 60 credits can be admitted to the COMD Pre-Program.
- Admission GPA of 3.0 across at least five of the COMDDE major courses that the student can take in pre-COMDDE status: Required General Education, Additional Core, COMD 2600, COMD 3500 and COMD 3010.
Acceptance into graduate programs is on a competitive basis. Students are selected on GPA in combination with other indicators of achievement. In addition, some graduate programs do not accept undergraduate coursework grades below B-. For SLP-Assistant positions, the Bachelor's degree is the only opportunity to develop the needed knowledge and skills, so strong performance is also important for this type of position. Thus, students planning on any careers in speech-language pathology, audiology, or deaf education should honestly evaluate their program potential and progress toward a strong GPA and individual course grades.
Those seeking their first bachelor's degree should do the following:
Contact the Advisor
When your application for admission has been completely processed and approved by USU, you will be able to register for classes according to the dates listed. Use the tuition and fees estimator to calculate tuition. For detailed tuition information please refer to the University Tuition Table. Chrome is the recommended browser.
Please closely follow the registration instructions below:
- Go to your USU Portal at my.usu.edu Log in with your A number & strong password.
- Click on Banner in the Launchpad in the left hand menu.
- You can browse for classes, or register for classes by clicking “add/drop classes.”
- Choose the Term for Registration (Spring Jan-May/Summer May-Aug/Fall Aug-Dec) and click continue.
- Search for class, click “add” puts on schedule in a color block and says pending.
- Once you click “submit” it should change to green and say “registered.”
Common Registration Errors
- Time date stamp error - means that you aren’t eligible to register yet. Check your earned credits, and the registration calendar.
- Requires readmission - you have taken a semester off, and need to reapply before you can register.
- This section is reserved for students at other locations or other restrictions – double check you are registering for the correct site listed in the table below. If you are in Utah, register for the section nearest you. If you live outside Utah choose the ZO* section of a course for out-of-state online.
- This requires you to register for a lab or lecture or other restrictions apply. – this is typically a prerequisite restriction. Non-Degree Seeking students complete the Request for Restriction Overrides.
- ZO = Out of State
- CO = Southwest
- LO = Logan
- SO = Salt Lake City
- AO = San Juan
- EO = Moab
- NO = Orem
- TO = Tooele
- BO = Brigham City
- KO = Kaysville
- PO = Price
- UO = Uintah Basin
- On the first day of class, log in to begin your courses. Call 435-797-HELP (4357) or 1-877-878-8325 if you have questions about logging in to Canvas.
NOTE: Classes Will Not Show Up In Canvas Until The First Day Of The Semester.
All students are responsible to know the departmental Online Degree Policies.