Carpool & Parking
Because Edith Bowen Laboratory School is located on the Utah State University campus, finding a parking space is challenging. Please be patient with congestion, especially during afternoon carpool.
Please do NOT idle--be considerate of our students, staff, and air quality by turning off your engines while you wait in carpool lines.
Carpooling with other EBLS parents is recommended for families living close to each other. Space for loading and unloading passengers at EBLS is limited. Students who live close to EBLS are encouraged to walk, bike, or ride the CVTD (Cache Valley Transit District).
The CVTD offers free transportation for all passengers. A bus stop directly in front of the Emma Eccles Jones Education Building drops‐off and picks‐up passengers at frequent intervals. Parents should inform the school if their child rides the CVTD bus. Find CVTD bus routes and schedules.
We are concerned about safety, convenience and your overall experience at USU.
When dropping off and picking up students please adhere to the new carpool maps linked below.
For drop-off in the mornings, please turn west on Cemetery Road (850 North) and turn south on Junction Alley (this is now a one-way road from north to south--you can not enter from Aggie Boulevard). Drop students off between Edith Bowen and the CPD building (on the east side of the school). USU Police have asked that we do not drop students off on Aggie Boulevard on the south side of the building. Parents escorting their children to the building may use any of the parking options linked above. Students should enter the building through the main doors next to the flagpole in the courtyard on the north and west inside corner of the building.
For pick-up after school please turn west off of 1200 East onto Cemetery Road (850 North) and follow the instructions on the maps linked above. Students will be asked to meet with the youngest member of their carpool at the outside meeting locations shown on the map. K-1 pick up and drop off will be in the alley; 2-4 will loop around the parking lot for pick-up in front of the Sorenson Center; 5-6 will be in the new parking lot. Click on the links above to see the maps.
Special precautions should be taken when picking up children after school. Parents should drive slowly and follow the instructions of those supervising the student pick‐up procedure. For obvious safety reasons, drivers should not open their doors until they are next to the curb. Remember, carpool is an Idle Free Zone--drivers should turn off their engines to reduce exhaust fumes for students and teachers and air quality. Cell phones should not be used while driving in the pick‐up/drop‐off zones.
If none of the above options are feasible, the following options are available for parking:
- Parents may purchase a parking permit (for the areas marked on this map) at the USU Parking Office (located at 840 E 1250 N). Parent permits expire May 30th each year.
- Four reserved Edith Bowen parking spots are located in the Black color coded parking lot, north of the CPD building. Parents and visitors may park in these spots without a permit. However, after parking in these stalls, please sign in at the front desk with your name, vehicle description and license plate. Then pick up a parking sticker from the office and return it to your vehicle. If parents fail to do this, the car may be ticketed. There are two thirty-minute spaces and two one-hour spaces.
- Four metered stalls are also available in the Black color coded ECERC parking lot. Parents with an EBLS permit may park in the metered stall for two hours maximum, but must pay the metered rate.
- Temporary Black Lot permits are available at the USU Parking Office for $7 per day.
- Big Blue Terrace (across from the HYPER building) is your best option if you are unsure of the amount of time that you will be spending at the school and if you want covered parking. The cost is $2 per hour.