In 2015, the College introduced a participant registry where individuals can volunteer their information if they are interested in being contacted about potentially serving as research participants. The information collected in the registry only includes basic demographic and contact information (see below for registry questionnaire items). It is the responsibility of individual researchers to further screen these individuals for eligibility for specific research studies.
Process: If a researcher has interest in using the participant registry for participant recruitment, they should complete the Participant Registry Data Request form. The college database manager will handle your request and let you know how many individuals in the registry are a match to your target population. Researchers do not need to obtain IRB approval before requesting this higher-level information from the registry as individuals have volunteered their information. Information on number of potential participants can be included in the IRB proposal. Once IRB approval for your research has been granted, researchers can have access to the contact information of individuals in the registry who met their inclusion criteria. Again, researchers MUST obtain IRB approval for their research PRIOR TO BOTH receiving contact information as well as contacting individuals in the registry. Researchers must be USU CITI certified in order to request data from the participant registry.
The Participant Registry can be found here.
Registry Questionnaire Items
What is your name?
Please provide the following contact details for us to contact you in the event that you qualify for any ongoing studies:
- Phone Number (ex. 435-123-4567)
- Email Address (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mailing Address (ex. 2800 Old Main Hill Logan, UT 84341)
What is your gender?
Are you of Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish origin?
- No: not of Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish origin
- Yes: Mexican, Mexican American, Chicano
- Yes: Puerto Rican
- Yes, another Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish origin (please indicate origin in box below; for example, Cuban, Salvadoran, Dominican, and so on)
What is your race?
- Black or African American
- American Indian or Alaska Native
- Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander
- Other race (please indicate other race or origin in box below)
How old are you?
- 65 or over
Please indicate the number of children under the age of 18 who currently live in your household?
- 0-4 years: ________
- 5-12 years: ________
- 13-17 years: ________