The completed Graduation Packet must be turned into the Registrar's Office by the following dates to graduate in that term:
- Graduating Spring: completed packet due by March 15th
- Graduating Summer: completed packet due by July 15th
- Graduating Fall: completed packet due by October 15th
These are firm deadlines so students who submit their completed graduation packet after the posted dates above will graduate the following semester.
If you do not apply at least one semester prior to the term you plan to graduate, your name may not appear in the commencement program.
Approximately one month is needed to complete the application process.
Students must complete the application process by sequentially following these steps:
- Apply online at: http://www.usu.edu/registrar/htm/graduation. Your major must be correct for the Graduation Office to accept your request.
- With picture I.D. return to the Graduation Office on the date that was given and pick up the application for candidacy for graduation packet that was prepared by the Graduation Office.
- Carefully review instruction sheet for graduation application instructions, signatures, deadlines, etc.
- Submit application to your department advisor and college dean (Educ 103) for review and signatures. (Your major advisor will need to sign the application as well as your minor advisor, if applicable. Also double majors must have the appropriate signatures for each major.) Please allow at least 3 days prior to the deadline for the Dean’s review and signature.
- The Dean’s office will send your application to the Registrar’s office when they have reviewed and signed your application and request that they post your $10 fee so you can pay it online through your Access account. You will not officially graduate until this fee has been paid.